I’m interested in travel insurance coverage with the waiver of pre-existing medical conditions for my husband who is currently awaiting a transplant. Will it be covered? Lori
Unfortunately, none of our travel insurance companies will cover you. The reason is because his medical condition does not meet Travel Insurance Medically Stable rules.
Medically Stable means that the person (traveler, traveling companion or non-traveling family member) with the Pre-Existing Medical Condition has to be in a state where any changes are neither foreseen nor expected that could cause that person to “take a turn for the worse”.
Awaiting a transplant means he has “taken a turn for the worse” and is not unforeseen. I hope his transplant comes quickly and you all can get back to a normal life.
Technorati Tags: travel, travel insurance, kidney transplant, pre existing, pre existing conditions, pre existing medical conditions, cruises, cruise, trip insurance
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (the Most Exclusive, Informative & Friendliest Travel Insurance Comparison Site)
- Save your time & money with 6 pre-screened companies (you don’t need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service from Deanna, Becky, Tara or Steve at 1-888-407-3854 (US, Canada). Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you’ll fit right in. If you’d rather not get to know us, you’ll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee