Since we’ve already paid our final payment can we still get a Travel Insurance plan?
Yes, you can get a travel insurance plan any time until the day before you leave on the trip. Many people get well after their final payment dates. The cost doesn’t change, either.
One thing you can’t do is wait until something unexpected happens and then rush out to buy a policy to cover that event. That’s because travel insurance only covers “unexpected events”.
It’s funny, but you’d be surprised how many calls we get from people when there’s some major bad weather forecasted. They ususally start with “I kept forgetting to buy travel insurance and now I want to order a plan for my trip starting in 3 days”. Of course, we tell them that that event won’t be covered.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (the Most Exclusive, Informative & Friendliest Travel Insurance Comparison Site)
- Save your time & money with 6 pre-screened companies (you don’t need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service from Deanna, Becky, Tara or Steve at 1-888-407-3854 (US, Canada). Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you’ll fit right in. If you’d rather not get to know us, you’ll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee