We are looking for travel insurance where we are able to change the dates in case of a death in the close family. We won’t want to cancel our trip, but we’d rather have the change fees paid so we can travel at a later date. Sandy
Thanks for sending me a good question.
Travel insurance doesn’t cover changing travel dates like you want. It can give you your money back if you are forced to cancel for a covered reason, but it doesn’t pay any extra costs incurred for a pre-departure trip delay.
Along these lines, trip cancellation travel insurance doesn’t cover change fees you incur if you voluntarily change your travel dates.
However, if you are on your trip and you are forced to interrupt your trip for a covered reason, you will be reimbursed for your prepaid and non-refundable trip costs plus the one-way airfare up to 150% of your insured trip cost. Here’s more about trip delay, missed connection and trip interruption:
I hope this makes sense. If you want the right travel insurance advice, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we’ll help you figure it all out.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (the Most Exclusive, Informative & Friendliest Travel Insurance Comparison Site)
- Save your time & money with 6 pre-screened companies (you don’t need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service from Deanna, Becky, Tara or Steve at 1-888-407-3854 (US, Canada). Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you’ll fit right in. If you’d rather not get to know us, you’ll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee