I’m going to write another “Vent my Spleen” post. This time it’s directed at all the people, companies and websites who offer travel insurance just to make a quick buck, but who, unfortunately don’t quite understand how it works.
A disclaimer: most travel agents are responsible and hard workers who take care of their clients. The following comments are not for you. If you are a good travel agent, I suggest you push Crtl W on your keyboard now.
On the other hand, if you are one of the people in the next three examples, please stop calling us:
1) Travel Agents & Travel Insurance company sales reps who tell their prospective customers that because they are past the deadline to get the Waiver of the Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion, they can just cancel and re-book their trip.
Besides the fact that they are committing Insurance Fraud, I think it’s stupid advice. Here’s more:
2) Travel Suppliers and Travel Agents who want trip insurance coverage for events that will be a guaranteed claim.
Whenever a travel agent calls us, the first question we ask is “Do you sell travel insurance?” The answer is nearly always “Yes”. We then ask, “Since you sell travel insurance why are you calling us?”. It’s shocking how many times they say, “I have a client with a special situation”. Sounds harmless, doesn’t it? But, the truth eventually comes out which tends to be that the travel agent made a mistake and they want us to rescue them.
Here’s my answer. And I expect all you future travel supplier and travel agent callers to read this so we don’t have to waste another moment on you:
I’m sorry that you don’t quite understand how travel insurance works, but TripInsuranceStore.com does not exist to bail you out nor does trip cancellation insurance exist to pay out money to someone who absolutely knows they have to cancel their trip before they buy the insurance. We will not sell you the insurance. Please go somewhere else and stop bothering us!
3) Lazy Travel Agents who want us to figure out which policy their client needs and once we waste time with them, they want us to pay them a commission for the lead.
I know greed is a powerful motivation. But, the combination of greed and laziness gets me mad. I have never been a fan of anyone selling travel insurance who doesn’t understand how the policies work, but if you want me to give you money because you are too lazy to get travel insurance licensed, that’ll never happen!
Wow – I feel a lot better now!
I hope this makes sense. If you want the right travel insurance advice, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we’ll help you figure it all out.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (the Most Exclusive, Informative & Friendliest Travel Insurance Comparison Site)
- Save your time & money with 6 pre-screened companies (you don’t need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service from Deanna, Becky, Tara or Steve at 1-888-407-3854 (US, Canada). Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you’ll fit right in. If you’d rather not get to know us, you’ll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee