I have a question about coverage during the time of an uninsured refundable flight. We have 3 different flights, one is refundable, the others not. I was thinking that we only have to cover the 2 nonrefundable flights in our total trip cost, but what if a problem, such as lost baggage or trip delay occurs DURING the uninsured flight (it is between the 2 nonrefundable ones)? Are those losses covered? Penny
Thanks for writing.
All our plans will cover you with the post-departure benefits from the time you leave home until you return home. Therefore, it doesn’t matter if you have non-prepaid and non-refundable or fully refundable trip costs in the midst of your trip.
Specific to your question, you are completely covered for damaged or lost baggage, baggage and trip delay for all of your flights from the date you leave home until the date you return home.
Here’s more about how much to insure:
I hope this makes sense. If you want the right travel insurance advice, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we’ll help you figure it all out.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (the Most Exclusive, Informative & Friendliest Travel Insurance Comparison Site)
- Save your time & money with 6 pre-screened companies (you don’t need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service from Deanna, Becky, Tara or Steve at 1-888-407-3854 (US, Canada). Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you’ll fit right in. If you’d rather not get to know us, you’ll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee